Special rice cake
Bibingka is traditionally made with rice flour and coconut milk .To make Bibingka Especial just add with sliced salted duck eggs and sugar on top. Bibingka is a popular native Filipino food during Christmas, the aroma of toasted banana leaves outside the church during Simbang Gabi or Mass at Dawn.
- In the bowl combine some of the ingredients, plain flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt.
- And in the other bowl add the eggs and butter, beat until creamy and then gradually add sugar in small portion and continue beating after each portion.
- Then add the flour mixture, milk, and coconut milk and stir to blend thoroughly .
- Preheat the oven to 175 C
- Line bottom of 10″ cake pan with waxed paper or banana leaves.
- Transfer mixture in the lined baking pan and bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven.
- After 15mins put topping with sliced salted eggs and sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush it with butter and sprinkle with sugar before serving.