Bistek Tagalog (Filipino Beef steak)
- Slice the beef into a thin slice.
- Pound the meat with tenderiser or with the dull edge of a clever to tenderize. [How to tenderize click here]
- And slice into a serving portion
- Combine lemon juice, soy sauce, salt, garlic, pepper and sugar
- Pour mixture over beef and marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Sauté onions ring in hot oil until texture become soft. Transfer to platter
- Drain beef, fry the beef using the same pan over medium heat until brown both side.
- Remove excess oil. Add marinate and ½ cup water and bring to boil.
- Simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to flatter and add sautéed onion
- Serve hot with rice.